Wednesday, February 8, 2012

To the Stars Bowen, to the Stars...

I'm reading this book, well its two books actually. And there will be a third. They're very good. I hope I've figured out some of the twists and turns. I like to think that I'm good at figuring out where a person is going with the story that they are telling. I like to think of it as a gift. But these books, the first one called Across the Universe is set in space.

There are the frozen elite from our Earth who...are frozen. And the people who have been engineered in a sense to keep the ship running, to keep the elite people on their way towards a new and better Earth. That sounds great. In a sense. I like the Earth I'm on and I know for a fact I would have no value to be "frozen" and sent to another Earth to make a new life. I'm to selfish, crazy...whatnot. I can only cook...and Dream. Buts that not the point.



The point is...and if you've never read the books and want to read them I'm giving you a spoiler. So, sorry about that. One of the frozens from Earth is un-frozen early and is stuck on the ship. I always think that if I could I would take the chance of going into space. Of flying amongst the stars that I look at and dream about every night.

But...I don't think I actually could. It freaks me out. Space. Well, I guess space doesn't scare me, the stars dont scare me. Rather the idea of being caught in a tiny ship *no matter how big* scares the crap out of me. To be lost and alone forever in a place where no one could find you, where no one could hear you screams for help.


Its weird that I look up at the stars and wish upon them for something better, for something more. I think what I wish for is my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment