Saturday, October 29, 2011

Frost Garden

Today was the first snow fall of the season. It was only October 24th, but I was ready for it. When I woke up this morning the clouds were heavy and grey. If you opened your window or door you could smell the fresh clean, snow smell that always comes before the flakes. It was magical. As the day wore on, the snow began to slowly fall. Then thicker and faster and heavier. It was a winter wonderland before Halloween.

I grew up in Alaska and it almost always snowed before Halloween. So, to say the least, I was super excited. I went outside with my new camera to take some amazing photos.



Now, perhaps when I finally fall asleep my dreams will be of wintry wonderlands, fairy lights, a warm fire and a steaming mug of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment